At up to 40% lighter than other polymer cases, PelicanTM Air cases will lighten the loads of the dedicated pros across the world who have set out to change the game.
PelicanTM Air cases are the first in a series of remarkable innovations engineered by Pelican, the pioneers of protective cases. For over 40 years Pelican has designed and crafted the most influential protective cases in the world, and we’re just getting started.
The Science Behind Strength and Lightness
The Pelican Air case has been designed to cut weight without compromising durability.
Here are some important reasons why Pelican Air cases are both strong and light:
• Molded from the next generation of Pelican’s lightweight HPX resin, a proprietary formula that rebounds without breaking
• Honeycomb structural elements that are actually stronger than solid polymer material
• Super-stiff “full box” sections engineered to create hollow parts
UP TO THE TEST
It wouldn’t be a Pelican case if you couldn’t drop it, kick it and run over it – and the Pelican Air case is no different.
• Drop-tested on concrete with loads from six feet on all sides and corners
• Submerged for 30 minutes at a depth of one meter
• Wheels are roll tested over 1,000 yards with loads at 5 mph
• 28 lb. steel dart dropped on all sides from 3 feet
The world is in a hurry and Pelican Air cases are setting the pace with two models optimized for travel. We aggregated the airline rules for maximum overhead and check-in dimensions, and perfected two cases for pros on the move. Both cases include a rugged extendable handle that keeps the case clear of your heels when walking, and smooth rolling ball bearing wheels that are nice and quiet.
Getting through the airport with a Pelican Air case is a lot easier, and saves money on over-weight baggage fees, too.
PELICAN AIR CASE FEATURES
With inventive features that anticipate the needs of pros from every line of work, the new Pelican Air models offer innovation with an equal balance of toughness and lightness.
Shared Features Across All Models:
• Super-light Proprietary HPX2 Polymer
• Proven Tough Double-Throw Latches
• Automatic Purge Valve Balances Air Pressure
• Watertight O-Ring Gasket
• New Style “Conic Curve” Lid Shape
• Crushproof and Dustproof
• Stainless Steel Hasp Protectors
• Rubber Overmolded Handles
• New Removable Polycarbonate Card Holder With Front or Side Placement
NEW DIVIDER SYSTEM
• Full Sewn Tub with Felt Exterior
• Velcro Compatible Nylex Interior
• Elastic Hold Down Straps
• Hi-Visibility Yellow Interior
• Set Includes: 1 Tub, 2 Large Dividers,
6 Medium Dividers, 3 Small Dividers
BODY: Proprietary HPX2 Polypropylene Blend
PURGE BODY: ABS
LID O-RING: EPDM
PURGE VENT: Hi-Flow Gore-Tex 3 Micron Hydrophobic Non-Woven
PURGE O-RING: 70 Shore Nitrile
INTERIOR (L x W x D)
29.59" x 15.50" x 9.38" (75.2 x 39.4 x 23.8 cm)
EXTERIOR (L x W x D)
32.58" x 18.40" x 11.02" (82.8 x 46.7 x 28 cm)
INTERIOR CUBIC VOLUME:
2.49 cubic feet
2" (5.08 cm)
7.38" (18.75 cm)
9.38" (23.86 cm)
WEIGHT WITH FOAM:
17.60 lbs (7.98 kg)
WEIGHT W/O FOAM:
14.06 lbs (6.38 kg)
169.20 lbs (76.75 kg)
0 / 140° F (-17.77 / 60° C)