Introducing Pelican Air, The Lightest Polymer Protector Cases On The Planet
At up to 40% lighter than other polymer cases, Pelican Air cases will lighten the loads of the dedicated pros across the world who have set out to change the game.
Pelican Air cases are the first in a series of remarkable innovations engineered by Pelican, the pioneers of protective cases. For over 40 years Pelican has designed and crafted the most influential protective cases in the world, and we’re just getting started.
With the launch of the PelicanTM Air line of cases, we’re redefining the future of protection with a remarkable union of light and tough.
Meet Pelican Air. Up to 40% lighter. Guaranteed for life.
The Science Behind Strength and Lightness
The PelicanTM Air case has been designed to cut weight without compromising durability.
Our engineers have revolutionized the protector case by reducing structural waste while preserving Pelican’s legendary standards of strength. In development for years, the design team challenged the status quo to “add lightness” in every detail.
Here are some important reasons why PelicanTM Air cases are both strong and light:
- Molded from the next generation of Pelican’s lightweight HPXTMresin, a proprietary formula that rebounds without breaking
- Honeycomb structural elements that are actually stronger than solid polymer material
- Super-stiff “full box” sections engineered to create hollow parts
UP TO THE TEST
It wouldn’t be a PelicanTM case if you couldn’t drop it, kick it and run over it – and the PelicanTM Air case is no different.
- Drop-tested on concrete with loads from six feet on all sides and corners
- Submerged for 30 minutes at a depth of one meter
- Wheels are roll tested over 1,000 yards with loads at 5 mph
- 28 lb. steel dart dropped on all sides from 3 feet
The world is in a hurry and PelicanTM Air cases are setting the pace with two models optimized for travel. We aggregated the airline rules for maximum overhead and check-in dimensions, and perfected two cases for pros on the move. Both cases include a rugged extendable handle that keeps the case clear of your heels when walking, and smooth rolling ball bearing wheels that are nice and quiet.
Getting through the airport with a PelicanTM Air case is a lot easier, and saves money on over-weight baggage fees, too.
1535 AIR – WHEELED CARRY-ON
Weighing just 8.69 lbs. with exterior dimensions of 21.96 x 11.97 x 8.98 inches, Model 1535 is optimized for carry-on/overhead bin size.
1615 AIR – WHEELED CHECK-IN
Weighing just 14.06 lbs. with exterior dimensions of 32.58 x 18.40 x 11.02 inches, Model 1615
is the maximum airline dimensions for checked baggage without oversize charges.
PELICAN AIR CASE FEATURES
With inventive features that anticipate the needs of pros from every line of work, the new Pelican Air models offer innovation with an equal balance of toughness and lightness.
Every pro will discover a more effortless user experience and the perfect model in the Pelican Air line.
Shared Features Across All Models:
- Super-light Proprietary HPX2 Polymer
- Proven Tough Double-Throw Latches
- Automatic Purge Valve Balances Air Pressure
- Watertight O-Ring Gasket
- New Style “Conic Curve” Lid Shape
- Crushproof and Dustproof
- Stainless Steel Hasp Protectors
- Rubber Overmolded Handles
- New Removable Polycarbonate Card Holder With Front or Side Placement
NEW DIVIDER SYSTEM
- Full Sewn Tub with Felt Exterior
- VelcroTMCompatible NylexTMInterior
- Elastic Hold Down Straps
- Hi-Visibility Yellow Interior
- Set Includes: 1 Tub, 2 Large Dividers,
- 6 Medium Dividers, 3 Small Dividers